Sunday, May 16, 2010

Thankful

I have had a lot on my mind lately, so much change for us the past few month's... It has only made me appreciate everything that I have...


~ Moving to Texas, I was looking forward to it. It was fun for us to be together as a family, we have never been the type to spend every night home together... I truly enjoyed not having any place I had to be, we could do whatever whenever... I also know that giving Shawn the chance to go and try and supporting him in that decision made us stronger... Whether we stayed there very long or not it was a good "vacation" for our family. At least that's what I call it.

~ Coming home for Grandma, that is a decision I will never forget. I learned from that to always go with your gut feeling and follow what is in your heart... I will never have any regrets to do with my Grandma I was always there to help in any way I could, and learned a lot from the experiences we had together.

~Moving back home, made us realize how important our family's are to us... When we came home for Grandma we both felt that Mesquite was home and this is where we wanted to be. I know it looks like we can't be without our parents but that isn't the case. I feel more that we enjoy being around them and are thankful for the help that we offer to each other.

~ Switching roles for a while, has been good for both of us... Since I have been working a lot I have had to really adjust to being ok with Shawn doing house work and all the stuff that I usually do... I have to admit that has been really difficult, I am always telling him the way to do everything, which he doesn't need. I think it's because it has been hard for me not being the one doing it. I should just be glad that the house work it getting done, laundry folded and put away, dinner done when I get home... I have truly been thankful he has done it and done a good job at it... More or less I am thankful for him and even though life isn't perfect right now we have managed to help each other out by switching spots... So all in all he has been a good husband and dad. We have been blessed because this whole experience has strengthened us and made us realized what we do as mom's at home, and dad's at work. We will both admit that I enjoy being home with the kids and working part time, cause getting out helps me be a better mom, plus I enjoy visiting with good clients.... Shawn is also ready to go to work and take care of his family, but for the time being we have managed to make things work and figure it out even if we don't like it... NONE of this means I haven't complained about it cause I have but I am also thankful that it has worked out...

~ My Sister Andrea is a true example to me!!! She has spent about 9 weeks in the hospital, so really I have nothing to complain about she has fought for her life a couple times and it has been amazing to me how strong she has been. With her it has been one problem to the next, every time she is getting close to coming home something else goes wrong... So to see her strength and the way she has dealt with all of this goes to show me that no matter what comes our way we can get through anything... My prayers are so strong for her right now, as a sister to her it hurts me to see her in so much pain. I have had a few good visits with her and her strength in the Lord, and knowing she will make it through has made me look up to her a lot. She is the big sister and she is always suppose to be strong for me but I have found that she needs us and knowing that we are here for her has been good for all of us. She is now in Salt Lake City with some of the best doctors, even though it will be a long recovery she will do it because she is amazing and we need our ANGIE around... My kids hardly ever go to bed with out saying don't forget to pray for Angie, Gavin always says pray for her to come home... I think he has missed her the most they have a special bond, every time he talks to her on the phone he says tell the doctor to let you come home... So come home SOON Angie we miss ya...

~ Parents are amazing and I have thankful for both my parents and my in-laws... My mom and dad have been through so must but still have the strength to keep going. I have watched my mom take care of grandma and show her love and compassion, with out even complaining... She does it all with a good heart and never worries about her self. I have now watched her spend every day with Andrea and be there for her when she needs her the most. She is someone who is a true care giver and never hesitates when someone needs her... She is a true example the way a mother and daughter should be. So thank you mom for being someone I look up to in so many ways... My dad is also amazing he might have something to say about everything but he is also the first one to help out when needed. He supports my mom in everything she does and I look up to both of them for the marriage that they have, and teaching me the way you should treat each other as a couple...
My in-laws are also such good people and I am thankful for the help that they are with my kids, they never hesitate when we need help with them. They are so busy and always have something going on but they are willing to bring them along. It means a lot to me to watch them and the love they have for my kids... In fact we are blessed to have all 4 grandparents be so sweet to our kids...

~ Ok so I know this has been long but I have truly been thankful for all of my family, even the ones who I haven't mentioned in this post. They have all been so good to me and have made me a stronger person over the last few months. I know that if we do what is right, that Heavenly Father will bless us for that it might not be what we want but no matter what we can get through anything... I know that family is important and helping each other out will bless all of us... So thanks to everyone who has helped me out with my family...

No comments:

Post a Comment