Sunday, May 9, 2010

You will truly be missed!!!

This is a weekend I will never forget!!! When I was in Texas I talked to Grandma everyday on the Web cam, until about a week before she passed away. I remember on Monday March 15th talking to her she didn't look the same. Well Tuesday was the day that she stoped eating. Thursday when Andrea called me and said that this time was different I had a feeling I had to come home. When I called my mom to tell her I was coming she said that I had always been there for Grandma and that I could just come if something happened. I knew I didn't' want to do that, I always wanted to be there every second when she wasn't doing good to help take care of her. The previous times when she was sick we always were able to nurse her back to herself, some what anyway. When they said this time was different I wanted to be there like I always was.

My sweet dad flew out the next day to drive the kids and I home, it was so sweet of him and it meant so much. We left Saturday morning and we were determined to get there in 1 day... While we were on our way I had Emma call and put the phone to Grams ear, she said the sweetest things to her. Jenna said that she smiled so big and that was all she did all day, I knew that she would wait for us to get home. We just kept on driving and we did we made it in 21 hours, I have to say I did give the kids bennydryl and they slept a big portion of the trip OOPS!!! It was 1:00 in the morning and we were getting ready to get off the Mesquite exit and we had a phone call, both my dad and I looked at each other and said if we made it this far and she already passed away. Well that wasn't the case Jenna's water broke a month early and she was going to have the baby...

I went inside my mom's and there was Grandma laying so peaceful and so sweet, and I also could tell that this was for real this time... This picture was taken when I got there and gave her the biggest hug and slept the rest of the night by her side...
Jenna had her baby around 5:00 in the morning his name is Krew!!!

Grandma had another full day of us spending time with her and making sure she was comfortable... My sweet Aunt did such a good job on making her feel that way... We have always babied grandma and always made sure she knows how much she means to us. The next morning which was Monday, my mom was in with her all night. I came in and told her to go lay down that I would sit with Grams. I sat there and tossed and turned then I said a pray to let her go and that it was ok with all of us. I felt so peaceful and fell asleep. Mom came back in 10 minutes later and we checked her she had passed away. Her belly was still warm. I am so thankful for that experience. I always wanted to be by her side if she ever did, it was great closer for me and I know without a doubt in my mind she knew I made it back home and was with her the last day... I am so thankful for such an amazing Grandma who was by our side for so many years, we were very Lucky to have her be apart of our family. My mom is a true care giver and I hope we learn from her and are able to do it for her someday...

This picture was taken at the funeral, they were saying a rosary and Emma went up and gave Grandma Collette the biggest hug, after a few minutes the other grand daughters were there to it was so sweet.... Grandma looked amazing I had the opportunity to do her hair and she looked so pretty. I didn't put a picture up of that I thought that was weird... It was good to be able to have done that for her, we always joked with her about it...

She was buried in Page Arizona next to her husband it was so special...
I have so many amazing memories of Grandma Sue my plan is to someday take the time and make a special book of her and me... She has taught me so much through out my life and want to remember all of that... She will be dearly missed from my family and I.



2 comments:

  1. Mindy, I am so sorry for your loss, but very glad you made it back to be with her. We all loved Grandma Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful picture of you and your grandma, it brought me to tears.

    ReplyDelete